- This event has passed.
Navigating the Turbulence and Choppy Seas of International Air & Ocean Shipping – Phoenix AZ
May 25, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
SPEAKERS: Byron Sink & Jeff Woods
The international transportation of goods by air and sea has undergone significant changes in the past 12 to 24 months that have impacted (and continue to affect) U.S. imports and exports. OWIT-Phoenix is pleased to invite Kuehne+Nagel, one of the largest international freight forwarding firms in the world, to provide an in-depth update on these key developments and discuss what Arizona importers and exporters should expect in 2017.
Topics will include:
- The “Hangover Effect” of the West Coast Port Strike
- The Hanjin Bankruptcy and the Trickle-Down Effect on Airfreight Capacity
- Capacity vs. Demand – Mitigating Issues and Avoiding Delays
- The Hong Kong Civil Administration Department’s Disruption in October and November
- The Shanghai Charter Band
- Chinese Carrier Flight Cancelations
- The Freighter-to-Passenger Ratio Change
- Statistics from Seabury | CASS | IATA
Who should attend?
Transportation and Logistics Professionals, Global Trade Compliance Professionals, Supply Chain Specialists, In-House Counsel, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders & those involved in International Trade.