Building on our efforts through the Global Cities Initiative and in partnership with JPMorgan Chase & Co., Metro Phoenix Export Alliance (MPEXA) is excited to announce the MPEXA: Export Explore (E2) Program. The (E2) provides small to medium sized companies export training, in-kind services and the opportunity to be selected for a $4000 grant made possible by JPMorgan Chase & Co. and additional resources to help develop and advance their international business plan. Whether you are considering export for the first time, have already begun exporting, Export Explore (E2) will Accelerate Your Growth.
Education – Services – $ Grant Competition
Up to 20 companies will be selected to receive export training and one-on-one consulting services provided in partnership with Maricopa Small Business Development Center SBDC.
- Education: 4 –week Export Development Workshop Series delivered by export experts covering key areas of export success for small businesses. ½ day per week.
- Thursday, July 6th, 8:30am – 2:00pm (lunch provided)
- Wednesday, July 12th, 8:30am- 11:30am
- Wednesday, July 19th, 8:30am- 11:30am
- Wednesday, July 26th, 8:30am – 11:30am
- Services: One-on-one Counseling by SBDC counselors SBA certified in export and two NASBITE Certified Global Business Professionals (CGBP) counselors.
- Grant Competition: 6 Companies from the E2 cohort will be selected, at the conclusion of training program to receive:
- $ 4,000 Grant: Made possible by JPMChase
- Additional Resources: up to 20 hours of In-Kind Services: services provided by Metro Phoenix leading industry service provider companies in Legal, Shipping, Financial.
- Must be located in Maricopa or Pinal Counties, Arizona
- Must be willing to share results from use of grant funds.
- Must be a small to medium size business
- Have a finished product or service which you provide or export from the Greater Phoenix region
Use of Grant Funds
Grant funds are eligible to be used for services and activities that will help companies engage in increased exports and expand their international reach. Services and activities that are eligible include, but are not limited to, education, services and travel. Funds are reimbursable and must be utilized within 6 months of award.
- Education: Grant money can help cover tuition and material costs for international business programs such as Arizona Commerce Authority– ExporTech Program or other proposed educational and training programs.
- Services: Examples of services that the (E2) grant money can help cover are legal, financial, translation, international product certifications, website translation, packaging and labeling, transportation/logistics consulting and US Commercial Services, Gold Key Program
- Travel: Grant money can help cover costs associated with trade missions, trade shows, and market intelligence.
- Applications Open in May 12th
- Application closes June 9th
- Announcements of participants June 16th
- Training begins July 6th to July 26th
- Grant Awards announced early August.